Book & Supplement Store
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
can occur when a female produces male androgen hormones in excess. Symptoms include; infertility, weight gain, irregular menstruation, and excess hair growth according to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
This lifelong condition may keep a woman from ovulating, thus preventing pregnancy. Lifestyle changes including change in diet, regular exercise, and weight loss can reduce PCOS symptoms. Long-term care can help prevent complications, including endometrial cancer, diabetes, or heart disease.
- Oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea — irregular, few, or absent menstrual
- Infertility- related to chronic anovulation (lack of ovulation)
- Hirsutism - increased facial and body hair
- Hair loss appearing as thinning scalp hair
- Acne, oily skin, seborrhea
- Obesity: one out of every two women with PCOS are obese
- Increased risk of heart disease, diabetes and some cancers
Do you suffer from PCOS?
(Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
PCOS BOOKS AND PCOS SUPPLEMENTS